Valentine's Day

For Valentine's Day I decided to make one of Joe's favorite meals, Flank Steak Teriyaki. It's actually his mother's recipe, and it's really really good. Sadly the battery in my camera died just as I got it out so I don't have a picture. Next time, I promise! Anyway, it's pretty simple to make. Just buy a flank steak- her recipe says 1.5 lb, but I've used it for up to 3 lbs with no issues- and sit it in the marinade for a couple days, and then throw it on the grill. Here's the recipe:

3/4 c vegetable oil
1/4 c soy sauce
1/4 c honey
2 T vinegar (I use rice wine vinegar)
2 T finely chopped green onions
1 clove garlic, minced
1 1/2 tsp ground ginger

Mix all that up in a big zip-loc bag, then put the steak in and smoosh it all around to make sure it's well covered. Stick it in the fridge for a day or 2, turning it every time you go in there. Grill it, and enjoy! It's awesome paired with grilled veggies and mashed potatoes, with some fruit on the side.

No comments:

Post a Comment