Herbed Chicken and Dumplings

Last night was a comfort food kind of night. I'd never made this before, but it sounded so warm and cozy-like that I had to try it! It was really easy to throw together, and was really tasty! Scott even approved, especially of the dumplings. Take note that the recipe is only for 2 servings, so you'd have to double it or triple it to feed a family. It's quite easily done though. Also, you might want to add even more of the dumplings than the rest, because there aren't that many if you follow the recipe. That probably makes it less "light", but oh well!

http://find.myrecipes.com/recipes/recipefinder.dyn?action=displayRecipe&recipe_id=10000001842347

As it was cooking, I decided that the base was looking a little bit more like soup than I wanted, so I added about 1/4 c of milk mixed with 2 or 3 T of flour to make it a little creamier and thicker. It worked pretty well, although Joe and Scott still called it soup. :)

Camera battery was still dead last night, so sadly no picture again, but both batteries are charged up and ready to go now! I won't be cooking too much for the next month or so since Joe is out of town and I filled the freezer ahead of time to save myself some trouble while I'm on my own. Whatever I do make will be documented and posted, though! Chances are pretty good that whatever I post will have chocolate in it due to the joys of temporary single parenting! :)

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for your comment over on my blog. So nice to meet you! Looking forward to seeing what neat creations you come up with! :)
    Brandie

    ReplyDelete