10/4- Chicken in Honey Sauce

I borrowed a Crock Pot cookbook from a friend, and found some really amazing ones in there. This was the first one I tried, and it did not disappoint! Being a Crock Pot recipe, it was really easy. I will say to be sure not to cook it too long. I put it in earlier than I should have because that was my only window of time to get it done, and it was a bit overcooked. All that really means is that the chicken completely fell apart and the color was extra dark, but it still tasted great. I served it with rice and peas. Delicious! More to come from this cookbook for sure.




6 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 1.5 pounds)
2 cups honey
1 c soy sauce
1/2 c ketchup
1/4 c oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
Sesame seeds

1. Place chicken in crock pot slow cooker; season with salt and pepper.
2. Combine honey, soy sauce, ketchup, oil and garlic in medium bowl. Pour over chicken. Cover; cook on LOW 6 to 8 hours, or on HIGH 3 to 4 hours.
3. Garnish with sesame seeds before serving. Serve extra sauce on side, if desired

No comments:

Post a Comment