3/6- Cupcakes!

Well, like I said, I haven't been cooking much. I froze a lot of things ahead of time, and people have been helping me out a LOT, so I haven't had to cook much at all since Joe left. I did get the itch to bake yesterday, though, so I actually have something to post! Since God gave me a sweet jaw (sweet tooth just doesn't cut it!), I of course went straight for a dessert. A high school friend was coming over for dinner, so I figured I owed her something yummy too. :) I totally cheated and used a boxed cake mix, but I figured making my own frosting would make up for it. It still felt like cheating, but there's no way I could've made it all from scratch and had it done before 11 pm, so oh well. I mentioned the Martha Stewart cupcake book once before, and of course I broke it out again for these. I ended up having the ingredients for Swiss Meringue Buttercream, so I went for that. I, of course, made it chocolate as well. In my humble opinion, what good is dessert if it's not chocolate? :)


No comments:

Post a Comment