4/5- Mozzarella Chicken Sandwich

There's an actual recipe for this from Cooking Light, but I ended up having to improvise this one quite a bit due to my inability to read a recipe. Well, that's not entirely true. It's also partly the Commissary's fault for not having one of the ingredients I needed, and for charging so much for another one of them. Those problem ingredients would be Sun-dried Tomato Pesto and Roasted Red Peppers. They're good, and they make the sandwich delicious, but good grief are they expensive!

So, I improvised. I cooked the chicken in Balsamic Vinegar with a little garlic, and then drizzled the vinegar on the top and bottom of the Ciabatta. You slice the chicken thinly- think Subway chicken- and layer it on the bottom piece of the bread. Layer thinly sliced tomatoes on top of that, and then sliced Mozzarella. Broil the bottom half of the sandwich until the cheese is melted, then top with fresh Basil leaves. Put the top piece of bread on top, slice the sandwich into however many pieces you need, and enjoy!


This version is just as good as the original, I think, and I was so thankful it turned out well!

No comments:

Post a Comment