4/1- Flank Steak Sandwiches



Now this recipe is a serious family favorite. I think if I made it every night, my husband might get confused and think he was in heaven. :) It's got a few steps to it, and you have to time things right with side dishes so it's all ready at the same time, but man, it is so worth the effort. It's another Cooking Light recipe, but I probably kill the "lightness" by coating the steaks with salt and pepper before putting them on the grill.




Basically you just grill the steaks, let them rest, then slice them thinly and toss them in a Chipotle BBQ sauce you make. Slap it on a hoagie roll, top it with some grilled onion slices, and chow down! I'll happily post the recipe for the sauce if you want, just ask. It's in the kitchen and I'm not, and am too lazy to go get it. :)



I generally serve it with grilled squash and zucchini, and of course a fruit salad. It's yet another perfect summer grilling out meal, and it makes great leftovers too!

No comments:

Post a Comment