3/9- Black Forest Cupcakes


I know I've been making cupcakes as all my desserts lately, but that Marthat Stewart book has so many fun ideas!! This time it was a special occasion, and I just couldn't pass these up. Friends of ours from Germany were visiting, and I took the kids over to my parents' house to have dinner with them. My family and I have a history of being extremely silly with the guy, Timon, who just happens to be from the Black Forest in Germany. No joke! So when I heard he was coming to town, I just had no choice but to make these cupcakes for him and his family.


Although I didn't think they were my best effort ever, they were very well received. I will tell you, though, that they took forever to make. I started them as soon as I put the kids down for their naps at about 1:30 pm, and finished them at about 4. And then I had to assemble them before I presented them to Timon at the table. They are VERY involved, but they were really good! They would've been even more involved if I'd actually made the pastry cream from scratch like Martha said to, but I knew that would just take forever. One box of Food Lion Instant Vanilla Pudding to the rescue! Maybe someday I'll try them again and see if I can't make them look prettier since I did think they were rather "blah" as far as appearance goes. I'd like to know what the pastry cream tastes like, too. Add it to the "someday I'll......" list!

No comments:

Post a Comment