8/25- Stir Fried Szechuan Steak on Rice

Well, since I tried making a Chinese dish recently (Shrimp Fried Rice) and didn't exactly hit it out of the park, I decided to try again. This time I went for Szechuan Steak, and it was awesome! It was really amazingly easy, and was done super fast. It's also a Cooking Light recipe. Surprise! :)


I did make a substitution or two, but they didn't really affect the overall dish. I didn't have dark sesame oil, so I just used the regular stuff. No difference. I didn't read the recipe clearly, and used vegetable oil to cook the veggies in instead of the sesame oil- I put the sesame oil in the sauce. Since it all gets mixed together eventually anyway, it tasted just fine. Next time I make it though, I'll be sure to turn my brain on before I start cooking.

No comments:

Post a Comment