3/11- Starlit Spicy Lemon Chicken Wraps

I, along with the rest of modern civilization, am hooked on Pinterest. It has its disadvantages, such as sucking up all my time that I could be using to be productive, but it has distinctive advantages too. These include, but are not limited to, giving me ideas for things to do with the kids, helping me find ways to decorate my house when we win the gazillion dollar lottery, and finding new recipes to try. My kids are very grateful for the new things we've tried from there, but I think my favorite thing that I've found on Pinterest so far is this recipe. It's so good, in fact, that I'm sitting here blogging about it not more than an hour after I finished eating it. (I usually take at least a week to get around to blogging, folks.) It's THAT good.

Now, the title says "spicy"..... I kind of left that part out. I'm not huge on spicy myself, and I know the kids aren't, so I adapted it a bit. I totally left out the 6 T of hot sauce. I don't even have any hot sauce in the house for the aforementioned reason. I still used the chili flakes and paprika, and even added a dash of cumin. And since it was absolutely gorgeous outside today, I used the real grill- no silly grill pan for this girl if I can help it! (The actual grill is way easier to clean!)

The other changes I made were to use store-bought guacamole mix. I did actually mash up 2 avocadoes, but Food Lion sells this mix that looked good and easy, so I gave it a shot. LOVED it! Easily as good as that Wholly Guacamole stuff, and probably way cheaper. I used light sour cream instead of creme freche, and used regular old lettuce instead of watercress. I'm cheap, what can I say?

The whole family loved it, so it's definitely a keeper. I've actually decided that whoever we have over for the first time this Spring/Summer to grill out will be having this for dinner. :) This is definitely going on my list of favorite grilling recipes!

http://www.thelondoner.me/2011/08/starlit-spicy-lemon-chicken-wraps.html


No comments:

Post a Comment