7/2- White Chocolate Raspberry Bread Pudding


I posted briefly about this last summer in my catch-up post (here). I took the kids raspberry picking with my mom last summer, and decided to make this as a way of using up some of the raspberries. We picked them again this summer, so I of course thought of making it again. When I made it last summer, it was really good, but I remembered thinking it needed a bit of a sauce or something to moisten it up a bit, so I decided to try to come up with one this time. I took a bag of white chocolate chips and melted them in a double boiler. As the water heated up, I took about a cup of raspberries, maybe 1.5 cups, and mashed them in a sieve so as to catch all the juice but not have any seeds in it. Once the chocolate was melted, I mixed in the raspberry juice, and viola! A super easy, VERY yummy, raspberry-y white chocolate sauce! (Also good on vanilla ice cream, even if it is a little gloppy once it gets cold.)
The bread pudding recipe I used this time was from Maureen Whittmann's blog: http://maureenwittmann.blogspot.com/2006/06/white-chocolate-raspberry-bread.html


1 comment: