7/29- Butterbeer Cupcakes

Since you know I'm a Potterhead, you KNOW I made Butterbeer cupcakes! This recipe was floating all over Facebook around the movie premiere, and I was just waiting for an excuse to make them. They're kind of involved, but they're totally worth it. Since I don't see a trip to Potterworld (or whatever it's actually called) in Orlando any time soon, I figured I'd better give these a shot since it's as close to Butterbeer as I'll get for the forseeable future. They're good cupcakes, I'm good with it. :)

http://amybites.com/?p=623



The only change I had to make to the recipe was for the ganache. When I made it as the recipe directed, it was really runny. Like, so runny that I had a really hard time getting it to squirt into the cupcake without dripping all over the place in the process. I ended up just melting another half a bag of butterscotch chips into the ganache, and that solved the problem. It made it a bit thick for drizzling on top of the frosting, but it still worked out just fine. (The runny glaze is pictured here, I forgot to take one after I doctored it.) I got rave reviews from all who tried them!

No comments:

Post a Comment