1/17- Rosemary Chicken and Cranberry Almond Cous Cous

This meal wasn't exactly planned, it was one of those "Oh shoot, I somehow don't have what I need for what I planned to make and I have to come up with something fast!" nights. I was surprised at how well it turned out though, especially the cous cous.

For the chicken, I just thawed some breasts and then cooked them in a skillet with a little butter, salt, pepper, and rosemary. (I think... I didn't exactly write down what I did, and I am posting this almost a month later. Go me.) Pretty simple and not particularly inspired, but tasty.

The cous cous was more inspired though. I added some lemon juice to the water and butter that it cooked in. While I waited for the water to boil, I toasted some sliced almonds in the toaster oven. Once the cous cous was done, I mixed in some craisins and the almonds, and I think some lemon zest (again, can't quite remember). I thought it was delicious, and the family agreed.

The whole meal was ready in about 20 minutes if I recall. Definitely an easy, tasty, fast week-night meal!

No comments:

Post a Comment