2/15- Cheesy Potato Soup

This little gem showed up in one of my recent CL magazines, and I couldn't wait to try it! I absolutely love potato soups, particularly Pargo's from back in the day. This one seemed a bit different though- it uses red potatoes and keeps the skin on. I decided to give it a go because it sounded good, slightly different, and said it only took 40 minutes to make. (In case you were wondering, they told the truth. Dinner was on the table in 45 minutes.)

I didn't notice until I was beginning to cook that the recipe paired it with mini ham sandwiches. Luckily, I had some bread on hand, and just used that to make half-sandwiches of grilled ham and provolone. Went perfectly with it, and helped to round out the meal.

While the soup was delicious, and I'd make it again, I did find it a bit bland and had to add a fair amount of salt to my bowl. I also felt that it was missing some bacon, but I tend to like "loaded" potato soups, so that could just be me. Adding bacon would probably ruin the lightness of the dish too. Nevertheless, I'll probably add it in next time.


No comments:

Post a Comment