2/12- Honey-Lime Chicken with Coconut Black Bean Rice

This recipe appeared on the page of another one I was looking at, and it looked too good not to check out. Chicken dipped in honey and lime juice, then coated with crushed tortilla chips? Sounds good to me, and I was right! The lime really came through, and the corn chips and honey brough fried ice cream to mind as well. Not that chicken tastes remotely like ice cream, but I think you know what I mean.

Even though it sounded really good as well, I confess I didn't make the rice. I wanted to, but couldn't find coconut milk the 2 places I looked, so I decided not to spend the time and energy scouring town for it. I gave up and made Zatarain's brown dirty rice mix instead. It tasted good and went with the chicken well enough, but I still really want to try this rice. The next time I happen upon coconut milk, I'm grabbing it and hanging on to it for whenever I want to make this again, that's for sure.

Scott was being picky about his chicken again last night, but Rebecca sure chowed down! The adults loved it too.

No comments:

Post a Comment