2/9- North Woods Bean Soup

This soup was DELICIOUS. The flavor profile isn't quite what I normally go for, but it sounded so good that I decided to give it a shot. While it wasn't a humongous hit with the kids, it scored big with the husband and me. Now, since it's from CL again, it does call for turkey keilbasa. I didn't even bother trying to find that, especially since I had 3 leftover regular old Italian Sausages in my freezer. I may try it again and go with the turkey, just to see the difference, but it tasted just fine with the regular stuff. I also substituted frozen spinach because I had some on hand.

The sausages I had were already cooked, so that saved some time, but even if it hadn't been this meal would've been fast. I had intended to make some bread that day but forgot, so I got out the Bisquick and made some biscuits instead. I also served it with fruit salad, which didn't exactly go with this very Mediterranean soup, but I love fruit salad, so there! :)

You have got to try this soup, it's awesome!

http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/north-woods-bean-soup-10000000231620/

No comments:

Post a Comment