1/24- Maple Salmon with Nutmeg Zucchini

Cooking Light strikes again! (Would somebody please tell them I post about their recipes all the time so they'll start to pay me?) I got this from a friend's cook book, and just knew my gang would love it. The kids are pretty big fans of salmon, especially if it's served with some sort of sauce or honey. They're also good about eating vegetables- Scott even told his doctor once that his favorite food was squash and zucchini! Anyway, this is another super fast and super easy meal. I also served it with garlic mini shells.

The recipes both came from "Cooking Light SuperFast Suppers."

Maple-Glazed Salmon
1 Tbsp maple syrup
1 Tbsp hoisin sauce
1 tsp Dijon mustard
1/4 tsp coarsely ground black pepper
2 (6-ounce) salmon fillets (about 1-inch thick)

Preheat broiler. Combine first 4 ingredients in a small bowl and stir with a whisk. Place salmon, skin side down, on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray. Brush with maple mixture. Broil 10 minutes until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork, brushing with maple mixtures after 5 minutes and again after 10 minutes. Serves 2.

Nutmeg Zucchini
1 Tbsp butter
3 cups shredded zucchini (about 3 small or 2 large)
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp coarsely ground black pepper
1/8 tsp ground nutmeg

Melt butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add zucchini, and saute 4-5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Remove from heat, stir in salt, pepper, and nutmeg

 [I didn't shred it, I just halved the zucchinis and then sliced them up horizontally. I didn't feel like having a food processor to clean that night. It worked just as well, I think.]
Serves 2 (serving size: 3/4 cup)


I was so hungry that night that I forgot to take a picture of the food until it was gone!


No comments:

Post a Comment