3-7, Pork Chops and Apples

Tonight's dinner was another one of my own recipes. Well, maybe my mom's, but I adapted it a bit I think. It's another Crock Pot meal, and is super easy, and super delicious! It can be made with pork chops (bone-in or out), or a pork tenderloin. Tonight it was boneless pork chops. I was too lazy to take pictures, sorry!

Get out your Crock Pot and pour in enough apple juice so that there's 1-2 inches of it in the bottom. (That's how I measure, folks :) ) Put the pork in- it can be frozen or thawed just like the BBQ, but it cooks faster if it's thawed. Sprinkle a few tablespoons of brown sugar on top, and then follow it with a good helping of cinnamon. Set it to low and leave it alone for 6 hours or so.

About an hour and a half or so before you want to eat, slice up a couple of apples and toss them in. I've used just about every kind there is, but Granny Smiths and Fuji are my favorites. Sprinkle some more cinnamon on top and let them cook until you're ready to eat. The dish is best when the apples are warmed through and slightly tender, but not a mushy mess.

I've served this with a variety of side dishes, but my favorite is Parmesan Cous Cous. Tonight it was plain old white rice, which is my second favorite. I always try for something green as well, and anything from green beans to salad works well. It's a really easy, really tasty standby meal in our family. I hope you enjoy it if you try it!

No comments:

Post a Comment