3/4- Bread, Stew, and Chocolate

Since I felt better today, I succumbed to the urge to cook and bake up a storm! I started the morning off with Honey Wheat bread in the breadmaker. I used 3 cups of wheat flour and 1 of bread flour this time, so I'm interested to see how it turned out. We had a showing for our house this morning, so since I needed to make bread anyway I figured I'd make the house smell nice. Wonder if we'll get an offer out of it? :)


After naptime, I got started on the Beef Stew. It's another Cooking Light recipe, and I followed the recipe a bit more closely this time than I did the first time I made it. Last time all I had was Marsala wine, but this time I actually bought the Cabernet Sauvignon that it called for. I even threw in mushrooms this time (I HATE mushrooms, but wanted to see if they changed the flavor). The actual recipe is "mediterranean" because it has you throw olives in at the end, but I can't stretch that far. I caved on the mushrooms, that's all they get out of me!
As if I hadn't cooked enough, or made enough dishes already, I decided to seriously cave in to Rebecca's demands and make an awesome-looking chocolate peanut butter cookie recipe I found. http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Magic-Peanut-Butter-Middles/Detail.aspx They took longer than I expected, but I had fun making them with Scott. He's actually quite good at smooshing the chocolate dough around the peanut butter balls, and then squashing them with a sugar-coated glass. Who knew they were the perfect project for a 2.5 year old?






No comments:

Post a Comment