3/25 Spicy Beef Salad

This is *gasp* not a Cooking Light recipe! I know, amazing! It's from Betty Crocker's Cooking Basics book. It's more substantial than your average salad because of the beef, but it's not too heavy because it's served with the meat chilled. I know it may sound weird, but don't knock it 'til you try it!

Here's a link to the recipe: http://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes/spicy-beef-salad/4389d181-ed7b-4989-9fe5-1dc3ec72ba6d

(note: As I believe I've mentioned before, I HATE mushrooms, so I always leave those out. Why ruin a perfectly good salad by adding fungus?! Dried chives can be substituted for the green onions as well, although the onions do add more of a "zing." I also always use sirloin instead of the flank steak... it's cheaper and still tastes great!)

I usually serve it with cous cous, rice pilaf, or some sort of rolls. Of course it would go well with a fruit salad too.... you can never have too much fruit!

No comments:

Post a Comment